REQUIRED READING: RADEXT Virtual Interim Design Guidelines Discussion

Dan Romascanu said:

I hope that the WG will use the time until the virtual meeting and the meeting itself to make progress and clean up the remaining open issues. I suggested a few weeks ago that Avi and Alan work together on the text that describes what this document exactly covers and what is being left for future work. I do not know if this happened, but we have new text proposals. I suggest that Avi, Woj, and the other WG participants who made comments during the 'Last Look' period address the changes in the document suggested by Alan and send back feedback and comments to the list or their agreement with the proposed changes even before the virtual meeting. All participants in the WG are  of course welcome and invited to express their opinions with comments or 'I am OK with the document' messages.

[BA]  I have collected Avi Lior’s review of the -10 text (and suggested changes) within Issue 327: Applicability .  Joe Salowey’s review is
provided in Issue 325: Review .  As noted in a previous message summarizing the results of the “Last Look” (http://ops.ietf.org/lists/radiusext/2010/msg00150.html) there appears to be WG consensus to make changes to the document to address the concerns that have been raised.

In order for the interim meeting to go smoothly on February 23, 2010, it would be ideal to have proposed text changes to resolve each issue, as Dan suggests.  To further this, it would be ideal for Avi and Joe to examine the modified text and confirm (or deny) that their issues have been addressed:

http://git.freeradius.org/ietf/draft-ietf-radext-design-11.txt

 Changes between -10 and -11 are available here:

http://git.freeradius.org/ietf/10-11-diff.html

Note that if we do not have proposed text changes by February 20, 2010 then the chairs will go over the existing issues and propose changes on the mailing list which we will discuss at the Interim.