Re: [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5176 (2012)

On Jan 26, 2010, at 5:52 PM, Avi Lior wrote:

The NAS can ask questions of the form "I have this user, who has made a
connection attempt via that port / protocol, what access should I
provision to the user?"

I am sorry i just dont see a difference.

I guess the difference is that the RADIUS server is free to ignore the contextual hints and simply provision the service that is dictated by the user's identity and context-independent policy. The NAS need to be prepared to deal with *either* an Access-Accept provisioning an unexpected / unsupported service *or* an Access-Reject, in response to the same Access-Request.