Re: [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5176 (2012)

Yes 5080 is helpful here - I remember this discussion.  I can use it to clear up the issue and squash any arguments at the SDO.

It both describes a problem and provides a way to address this problem:

"If the desire is to allow
   limited access, then an Access-Accept can be sent with attributes
   provisioning limited access. "

I wish another document was as clear ;-)

There are still issues with this approach since a legacy NAS may not recognize the attributes that provision the limited access.  It would have been good to include the warning.

However, in my case this is not going to be a problem.