RE: QoS attributes

Avi,

> Okay we are starting to converge here a bit.
>
> I understand the concept of having AAA authorize a certain
> QoS class.  And I agree with you on that.
>
> The simple use cases (if I got it right ) would be:
> Joe authenticates and the Access Accept message returns back a QoS class;
> alternatively Joe requests a new service instance with a certain QoS class,
> and the NAS authorizes the use of a QoS class with the AAA using an Authorize
> Only scheme.
>
> This is all good.
>
> But I don't belive that those are the only use cases.  What
> about when the  QoS classes are not configured such in cases when we cross
> administrative domains where we don't have the QoS class configured
> or completely configured.  You would then need to actually transport
> the actual parameters.  After all, isnt the QoS class an alias for QoS
> parameters?

One would hope that if parties have agreements in place for roaming, then they
would also have some agreements on service classes as well.  They would still
have to have some agreement on policy, for example, to know if the roaming
user was authorized for certain types of service, I would guess.

John