Re: QoS attributes

Nakhjiri Madjid-MNAKHJI1 wrote:

My issue still is (without getting into specifics of QoS or WLAN parameters) how can bundle the parameters in a way that not every
single parameter has to be listed in a RADIUS RFC?

Oh that's easy -- we can just put it in some opaque string, vendor specific attribute, or design some OID hierarchy around the parameters.

But the question is do we want to? The hard issue is how all this works
without buying the whole network from one vendor. Or how a home server
can control parameters in a roaming situation when it has never even
heard of the link technology that the foreign network uses. Essentially,
there would have to standardization of the parameters. Whether or not
that happens inside a particular IETF RFC is another question.

Maybe the best we can do at the moment is this Gold-Silver-Etc
service level classification. Or perhaps we could do that, and
the specific, more detailed parameters for a popular link layer,
such as 802.11 wireless LANs.

--Jari