Reply-Message/EAP-Message attributes in RFC-3576

I have a question regarding the Reply-Message and EAP-message attributes
that can be present in the Disconnect (or CoA) request.

i) Can somebody educate me how are these attributes used. I'm wondering
how these messages are delivered to the user.
ii) Why is that Reply-Message not there in ACK messages where as the
EAP-Message can be there in ACKs as well.

Thanks in advance,
Nagi.