RE: Extending RADIUS Attribute Space

See inline.

I am totally familiar with Diameter. Are you suggesting that if I need
larger attributes I should use Diameter?

If you are then, I will be fine with that.  However, Diameter is only
requested by 3GPP and new features in 3GPP2.  The rest of the world, is
using RADIUS and will continue to use RADIUS for a long time to come.

I thought that this RADIUS EXT group is forming to help address some of the
new needs in RADIUS.  So I am trying to solve these types of problems.  I am
not trying to reinvent Diameter piece by piece.  I don't even see how you
get to that conclusion from my message.

All we wanted to do was:
A) As a minimum, create a mechanism to create more RADIUS attribute types in
a way that is backwards compatible with existing RADIUS.

B) As part of that we could provide a way to increase the message size
(someone asked for that). This again can be done easily by borrowing from
EAP and PEAP; and

C) Optionally address the issue of how to extend a message again using EAP.

If these 3 items are reinventing Diameter then perhaps we shouldn't have
done Diameter.

Avi