RE: Extending RADIUS Attribute Space

> RADIUS does not have a scheme for doing this.

RFC 2869 does describe how EAP-Message attributes are fragmented and
reassembled.

> So EAP has a mechanism for
> dealing with big attributes but it would be wrong to use EAP messages to
> implement something like prepaid or any other application that is not an EAP
> application.

I don't think this is what is being suggested.

> I don't think it would be a good idea to create a situation where every
> RADIUS application RFC comes up with its own way of dealing with big
> attributes.

As far as I can tell, the existing RADIUS RFCs are consistent in this
respect, no?  Can you provide a reference to the specific sections of the
documents that are inconsistent?