RE: Extending RADIUS Attribute Space

I can't give you an example because its not possible to do this today using
RADIUS attribute.

However, EAP/TLS and EAP/PEAP, both are sending attributes that transcend
the boundary of a RADIUS packet.  So its not hard to imagine the need for
this.

As well, we have been involved in a case where someone wanted to do a packet
audit against a wireless session where a counter is reported against a range
of IP addresses. These counters and Ipaddress are stored in a container
attribute.  This container attribute would span a RADIUS accounting packet.
Note: The issue was dropped for other reasons.

My point is this, so far we have a request for addressing an issue for
allowing an attribute to be larger then that which is allowed by RADIUS.
Instead of inventing a specific scheme for that I am proposing to reuse a
solution that already exists that will address that problem *plus* another
one.