PSAMP open issue 18: export rate limit?

Dear all,

In [PSAMP-FMWK], the following statement is still un-addressed in [PSAMP-PROTO] PROTO-18 “The exporting process must have an export rate limit, configurable per Exporting Process”. See section 8.3 for the details http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-psamp-framework-10.txt

First of all, I have a question regarding the requirement itself. Isn't it supposed to mean: “The exporting process must have an export rate limit, configurable per Collecting Process”? Otherwise, I don't understand the exact requirement when we have a PSAMP device exporting to multiple collectors!

Then, how to address the requirement?
Shall we simply update [PSAMP-PROTO] with a sentence such as: "The exporting process MUST have an export rate limit, configurable per Collecting Process"?
And that's it?

Do we keep the export rate limit as a generic term? Or do we define precisely what it mean? Example: number of IPFIX Messages, number of bytes/s, number of records/s?

As always, your views are appreciated.

Regards, Benoit.