Re: Measurement Process -> Metering Process

Hi Thomas,

Very good. Below is the new proposal.

Regards, Benoit.

The figure B indicates the sequence of the processes (selection and exporting) within the PSAMP Device.

                      +----------+      +-----------+
     Observed  | Metering |         | Exporting |
     Packet--->| Process  |----->| Process   |--->Collector

    Figure B: PSAMP Processes

The Selection Process, which takes an Observed Packet Stream as its input, and produces Packet Reports as its output, is an integral part of the Metering Process, which by its definition, produces Flow Records as its output.

Hi Juergen and Benoit,

I support Juergens view. Its consistent with IPFIX and thus easier to
understand for those who already implemented IPFIX (which I guess will be
the majority).

Thomas