Re: WG last call on Sampling and Filtering Techniques for IP Packet Selection

Tanja,

I read the draft (sorry, couldn't read earlier), and I have one issue left.

In this draft, one of your change is:
-    Low level filter definition substituted by simple filter definition based on IPFIX flow attributes
       - No masks and ranges (exept source and dest addresses)
       - No OR operation, AND realized by concatenating filters
This change is welcome.
However, I think it should be propagated to the "Router State Filtering", which still allows OR and NOT
 6.3 Router State Filtering

    This class of filters select a packet on the basis of router
    state conditions. The following list gives examples for such
    conditions. Conditions can be  combined with AND, OR or NOT
    operators.

       - Ingress interface at which the packet arrives equals a
          specified value
       - Egress interface to which the packet is routed equals a
          specified value
       - Packet violated Access Control List (ACL) on the router
       - Reverse Path Forwarding (RPF) failed for the packet
       - Resource Reservation is insufficient for the packet
       - No route found for the packet
       - Origin BGP AS [RFC1771] equals a specified value or lies
          within a given  range
       - Destination BGP AS equals a specified value or lies within
          a given range
Regards, Benoit.

Hi all,

for reviewing the packet selection draft,  please use the document published under:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-psamp-sample-tech-05.txt

(Please do not use the document that I did send on the list, because I had to make a few modifications to the IPR and Copyright section to be conformant to the new IETF format. Therefore the published draft slightly differs from the document that I did send before.)

Thanks,
Tanja

Juergen Quittek wrote:

Dear all,

After long discussions, our document on

Sampling and Filtering Techniques for IP Packet Selection
draft-ietf-psamp-sample-tech-05.txt

is ready for WG last call.

The call will last two weeks and close on Friday, November 5th
just two days before IETF#61.  Then we can discuss raised issues
at our session and (hopefully) solve them quickly.

Please read the document and send your comments!

Thanks,

   Juergen