RE: Comments on "draft-duffield-framework-papame-00"

Albert,
I think you have emphasized a good point:
1 in N sampling on a continuous basis works very effectively for baselining.
It is quite possible to run other techniques (eg filtering) in parallel if
necessary for other applications. For example:
* ACL based counters for billing (i/f counters being a degenerate case).
* IPFIX-like aggregations giving accurate summary counts while filtering out
the detail.

Sonia Panchen