Re: Control Plane Security of ISP Network

Feels like going back to the old days of SS7, ISDN........ It possible to separate the management network and adequately secure it. As person who has implemented very large scale service provider networks, I understand the importance and concern about security but, going back to yesterady may not be ideal solution.

The plane separation you are describing is generally known as out-of-band management and generally implemented in large carrier scale networks for security reasons and to alleviate many traffic engineering issues.

Pall Ramanathan

Learn like you will live for ever and Live like you will die tomorrow-Gandhi