RE: Methods in the NIM requirements

A few clarifications (I hope :-) inline ...
Andrea

<arw> I agree, but posit that "exists" is the wrong word.  Perhaps, "Has a
context and meaning throughout the life of the object" may be better.
Admittedly, at specific times in the object's life, that "meaning" may be
zero or null, but this would be due to the current state of the object, not
because the property does not have meaning.

> > Attributes can be read or written
>
> or both.
> >LR> yes
>
> > Methods deal with cross-object interactions.
>
> If "clear an object's counters" were allowed, wouldn't it be a method,
> but have no interaction with any other object ??
> <LR> yes. It can be a method and it was never meant to exclude the case
> where a single object is impacted. Again that was an example as we seem
> to looking for guidelines.

<arw> Interactions between objects are a form of "behavior".  I would like
to put our guidelines for methods at "behavior" (for example, reboot or
interaction between objects), and stay away from data manipulation concepts
like read/write.  We can discuss whether "clear counter" is a method (I
would agree with Lakshmi that it is), but this takes us into the modeling
rathole when we are at the info model requirement stage.  Can we stay in one
rathole at a time?  Can we just leave our requirements at "we will use
methods where the NIM WG decides that they are needed"?