RE: Closing on NIM requirements

I agree SNMP can indirectly and inefficiently simulate methods in that you
can set a bunch of OIDs (call them arguments), set the runMethod OID (call
the method), and then poll/get the result OID (or trigger a report). But
LDAP as an RPC model??? Not a chance.

Nonetheless, operations still require the attributes/classes (data) to be
defined as well. So my question then becomes, shouldn't there be two models,
one declarative model for the attributes and then another model for the use
of those attributes within operations?

-Dave