RE: Closing on NIM requirements

Walter
Couple of poins. Unfortunately it will be difficult to get back with detailed
comments
before the end of the week as I am travelling for a ballot resolution meeting.
These go very late. In general I agree with the high
level requirements and I think it is a good starting point. I can get back to
you
by next Saturday.
I also requested T1M1 folks to join the list and they may need to archive the
draft you submitted to provide further input.
As for the comment from Dave below, I agree with the general theme of being
implementation idependent. A language like UML does include operations and
attributes. This is definitely being used in ITU and other groups
as a way to model without  choosing a specific implementation.
We have considered this to be implementation dependent.

I do not follow why in the mail below it is stated that methods are not part of
an information model. Instead of calling it as method, would operations be
a better term? Also I do not view operations as a grouping of attributes at all.
The operations does have pre and post conditions that must be expressed.
They have in and out parameters and they may or may not be attributes.
These characteristics are not specific to CORBA IDL or a protocol model.

I would like to also propose that we should look at Rec M.3020 which does
discuss
information model without being specific to a protocol.
Lakshmi

"Durham, David" <david.durham@intel.com> on 04/15/2000 06:49:08 PM