Re: Netconf Rbac draft

Hello Vincent,
What you propose is fine, but I foresee a big number of actions (let's say 100). Defining permission for each separately is quite a task. Also ericsson and at least Tail-f have actions defined in the data model.

For this reason I believe each action should have an access control property readOnly/mightChangeConfiguration/mightDisturbTraffic which tells you how dangerous the action is. After this it would be easy to say things like:
- Junior operator has readOnly accesss to the whole configuration
- performance manager operator has full read rights, write rights to the top/performanceManagement subtree, but no disturbTraffic rights
- superuser has full rights to everything.

I chose the readOnly/mightChangeConfiguration/mightDisturbTraffic options as these are the things that are really interesting for the operator although one might argue about disturbTaffic. On the other hand I feel the operator does not care if we update an attribute or create a new one. For him it is the same: you made a configuration change that potentially might have long term effects.

regards Balazs

cridligv@loria.fr wrote:
Hi Balazs,

Sorry for the long delay...

We could add a new attribute value lixe 'x' for the operations:
<permission id="1" op="x">
  <kill/>
</permission>

OR

<permission id="1" op="kill"/>

where kill can be replaced with lock, unlock, and so on.

I prefer the second version.

Regards,
Vincent

Selon Balazs Lengyel <balazs.lengyel@ericsson.com>:

Hello Vincent,
I recently read your netconf RBAC draft. I have one question: How would you
control
actions other then the standard get/edit/copy/delete?
I am interested both in standard "actions" like kill, lock, unlock and
possible
proprietary ones like ping, restart, etc.
Balazs

--
Balazs Lengyel                       Ericsson Hungary Ltd.
TSP System Manager