Re: create-subscription vs. subscribe

Andy Bierman writes:
>I agree, but many others think the 'subscribe' model is the
>most familiar.  I am concerned that we might be setting up
>expectations of feature complexity with this terminology.

Exactly.  When I look at:

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observer_pattern
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Publish/subscribe

I don't see a lot of parallels.  More strongly, I don't see the fit
between pub/sub and the unicast world of netconf.  We don't have a
message bus or a broker.  We don't have multiple subscriptions.  We
don't have anything one would recognize as a pub/sub system except
the method names.  It can't help but be confusing.

>Some changes were made at the WG meeting, and draft minutes
>will be done this week.  The 'stopTime' parameter was put back,
>and the 'filter' AND 'namedProfile' has been changed to
>a choice (OR instead of AND).

Excellent.  Both sound reasonable.  I'll wait to read the
notes before commenting further.

Thanks,
 Phil