RE: RelaxNG examples

Hi Bert,

I handwrite XSD for IEEE-ISTO PWG standards (and I don't like
doing it, but the graphical tools are awful bloatware IMHO).
The PWG's seriously considering following the lead of many W3C,
OASIS, and DMTF working groups and using RelaxNGc (compact)
for development and machine-generating XSD when we're done.

The readability of XSD without tools has been a major hurdle
for specification review by PWG members in recent years.
The browseability of a set of XSD schemas is a real problem.

FWIW, two free Win32 tools do nice color highlighting of XSD:

  Notepad++ (all Win32 platforms - I love this tool)
    http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm

  XRay (all Win32 platforms - pretty smart XML editor)
    http://architag.com/xray/

Cheers,
- Ira

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc