Re: RelaxNG examples

On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 02:25:05AM +0900, Yoshifumi Atarashi wrote:
> I think there are a few style decision points.
>
> 1) expression ability
> 2) easy to understanding
> 3) programming language/tool/library support
> 4) capability
>
> In my understanding,
> RelaxNG
> 1) good
> 2) good
> 3) not good
> 4) not good, because RelaxNG is not mainstream in XML tool developer.
>    (Our XML expert told us.)
>
> xsd
> 1) good (a little limited)
> 2) good (a little limited)
> 3) very good
> 4) good
>
> So I think we choice "xsd", for operator who can make netconf tools and
> NMS programmers.

I assume that all sensible developers will use some other input format
to generate the XSD. And I doubt the IETF has enough people who can
really read and judge the correctness of XSDs - at least this WG seems
to have proven that bugs in the XSD usually stay around for a long
time undetected (even though there are all these great tools out
there).

/js

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder		    International University Bremen
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>	    P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany