Re: Issues for a bit more Discussion - Netconf Notifications

Andy,
The WG already decided we do not want app-level ACKs.
They are supposed to be removed completely.
My point was that you get this for free with BEEP (like so many other things) simply by choosing your grouping of messages and how you would process them (e.g., not waiting for the whole page). You really need no additional PROTOCOL support for those acknowledgments (although some additional *application library* support on the part of the agent would be necessary).

My comment (a) above is fairly clear -- we cannot create
new BEEP features or in any way rely on BEEP features that do
not exist in a Proposed Standard RFC.

I agree.

Eliot