Re: Reload

I thought I could include the data model version in a capability indicating support for the data model itself. That is important even if I don't use <exec>.
Balazs

Phil Shafer wrote:
Balazs Lengyel writes:
By defining a generic <exec> method you don't need to update capabilities and protocol
mechanisms (new RPCs) just the data model for a new proprietary command.

This puts your mgmt app in the spot of guessing which version of
your data model a particular device supports.  Using capabilities
allows the mgmt app to know this, based on the capability.  You
could also define two distinct capabilities, one for the generic
data model and one for that is version specific.

Thanks,
 Phil

--
Balazs Lengyel                       Ericsson Hungary Ltd.
TSP System Manager