Re: What about the OAM in OAM&P

Andy Bierman writes:
>Our focus is standards based configuration, a subject some
>vendors seem to want to leave as "TBD".

I'm not in the TBD crowd, I just don't think this is a simple
problem.  You can't just define a simple schema and force all
the world onto it.  If this worked, folks would have rewritten
their implementations to follow MIBs.

>Unfortunately, the current process and mindset for IETF data models (MIBs)
>is never going to work for configuration.

What we need is an understanding that it's not a simple problem and
a plan to simplify it, to allow for incompatibilities, conversions,
etc without losing the ability to cover the 50-80% of use cases
that are the most beneficial.

Thanks,
 Phil