Re: Verbs Again (was RE: draft-shafer-netconf-syslog-00.txt)

"Sharon Chisholm" writes:
>My main problem with 2) is that it opens things up for over-engineering
>and it also makes the network element the authoritative source of the
>subscription parameters while I really want the netconf client to be. It
>also has some garbage collection issues.

I go the other way, since I want the device to define what the client
will be able to receive.  I want to look at my device's config and
know that I'm safe and sane.  I don't want to have to depend on the
safety and sanity of every application.

Thanks,
 Phil