Re: Session reuse

Sharon Chisholm wrote:
hi

But there have also been a number of people who disagreed with this
approach as making netconf unusable and supported intelligent
introduction of new verbs. I think calling consensus on this issue is
premature.

What is "this approach"?

There isn't any consensus that the new verbs proposed
in the draft are appropriate.

Several people have mentioned that it is inefficient
to require the notification generation and filtering
parameters to be passed to the agent every time a new
session starts.  There have also been strong objections
to multiple mechanisms (filter + profile) to convey
the configuration parameters.  Netconf already has
a model and mechanisms for manipulating NV-stored
configuration, which cannot be ignored or superseded.

Sharon

Andy