Re: Session reuse

Balazs Lengyel wrote:
Hello Andy,
As I remember you mentioned you hoped to reach consensus on session reuse before the IETF meeting. Could you summarize how you see the state of consensus?

I wrote:

  I was hoping we could finish up event classes before the meeting.
  The other issue that seems to be finishing up is the use of existing
  configuration RPCs instead of new subscription RPCs for conveying
  notification generation parameters.

Not session reuse. RPC reuse.

I think there is WG consensus that notification generation parameters
need to be capable of being NV-stored, and that existing RPCs for
manipulating configuration data must be used for this purpose.

There have also been multiple objections to having overlapping
subscription and configuration based mechanisms, so IMO there is
also WG consensus to limit any new RPCs to new features which
do not duplicate existing RPCs.

Balazs

Andy