Re: Some basic questions on modeling

See inline, Balazs

Andy Bierman wrote:
Balazs Lengyel wrote:
- we assume that the data model will have multiple roots in as many
namespaces

what does 'multiple roots' mean?
BALAZS: Maybe the best way to state this is:

The management information model utilizes multiple namespaces. Models in different namespaces can be independent of each other in a sense that there is no reference or pointers between data in the two namespaces.

- we assume real data is always stored in elements not XML attributes (no subtree filtering on those, no discussion on how operations handle such data)

no rule here, but attribute deficiencies are well-documented.