Notification Filtering

Hello,
To me it seems that an important sentence is missing from the notifications draft about filters. The draft says: "The format of this parameter is the same as that of the filter parameter in the NETCONF protocol operations."

But it does not say that filters will be applied against the data content of the notification or maybe just part of the notification.

One could just as well imagine filtering against the source of the notifications e.g. I am interested only in fault-notifications coming from one of the ethernet interface cards so I apply a filter against the running datastore's data
XPATH: /top/interfaces/ethernet-interfaces

Please clarify! Also we need some kind of statement exactly which part of the notification wil be checked.

regards Balazs