nested operation attribute interoperability

Hi,

I am trying to create an matrix to help me optimize code
related to the processing of the nested operation attribute.
It would be nice if vendors handled this in an interoperable manner.

I try to follow the Postel Principle and not generate any
errors unless it is mandatory.  I use containers to make
it easy to apply a 'delete' operation to an entire table,
as well as easier access control configuration.

At any given point in a <config> subtree, there is a 'parent'
edit operation and a potentially different 'child' edit op.
Obviously the parent edit-op has precedence.  The start state
is allowed to be 'none', but once the operation is set, it can
never go back to 'none'.

This table shows each parent --> child edit-op transition,
and whether it is valid or an error.  My question to the WG
is whether this table is correct or not:

child ->  create   merge   replace   delete
parent

  none      V        V        V         V

 create     x        V-1      V-1       E-1

merge V-3 x V V-3
 replace    V-3      V        x         V-3

 delete     E-1      V-2      V-2       x

Notes:

V:    valid, no errors or warnings

V-1:  valid, but create has precedence.
     Only merge-with-nothing or replace-nothing scenarios are valid.

V-2:  valid, but has no effect because delete has precedence

V-3:  valid, but create or delete rules now in affect for next child

E-1:  'bad-attribute' or 'operation-failed' error (not sure which)
     Requirements for create and delete cannot both be met
     in the same subtree, regardless of the data model

 x:  no edit-op change

Andy