event classes (sec. 3.5)

Hi,

This section is very under-specified.

IMO, it is impossible for independent developers
to select classifications in an interoperable manner.

It is really not at all clear why we need audit, data,
maintenance, metrics, information, and syslog classes at all.

Most of these are totally redundant.

Metrics is out of scope.

Syslog is not a proper member of this classification set.
In XML, we use namespaces to identify content format,
such as syslog/RAW, syslog/COOKED, acme/TOASTED, etc.
The notification <data> section will be just like
the <config> or <data> elements already defined in
the protocol.

Andy