RE: comments on draft-ietf-netconf-notification-01.txt

W.r.t.
> General comments:
>
>   - The draft still lacks any discussion of why we need this
>     document, what role it plays in the overall netconf architecture.

I wonder where we are with the discussion of that topic of why we
need notifications and if we need them, what exactly we need them for.
Remember that Juergen was/is keeping track at:

  http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/wiki/index.php/Netconf_notifications

It is (iirc) just a list of what people have posted, and it does NOT
represent WG consensus as to what the motivations and requirements are.
Should we try to see if we (as a WG) can get to consensus on that?

Bert