RE: Notification Requirements Consensus Points

<Andy>
I would like to see emails that clearly state
"we have this requirement in our product/service/network"
for specific features", or "we do not plan to use feature X".

The only example of mixed mode that has been given is
the ability for current CLI implementations to be configured to send
spurious system console messages to the terminal. I don't see how that
really applies to a programmatic interface like NETCONF.  The messages
can be much larger, and the interactions more complicated in NETCONF.

</Andy>

Actually, there have been a lot more examples use cases given, but the
CLI one is an example of a well-deployed solution that certain people
really like.

Other use cases are the ability to modify, add or remove subscriptions
from the same session as you are receiving notifications from. I believe
there have been others mentioned as well.

Sharon