RE: architecture and security

HT: I'd expect the messages, let's say event and edit-config to be
different, because as you point out they are different. The draft
separates the event contents into Header and Data to identify event type
independent/dependent fields. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see the
NETCONF operations identifying a header.

Then we have the remote invocation (e.g. the RPC layer) where I agree,
all messages should be delivered in the same manner and hence have the
same headers. This is why the draft proposed the one-way-message -
preserves the architecture. I don't see an architecture problem but
rather a design choice preference. The issues that we have discussed
before and keep coming up:

1) RPC without a reply (The WG doesn't want RPCs w/o reply)
2) Notification w/and w/o acks -- I think this one there was agreement
to go w/o acks
3) Introduction of a endless RPC