RE: requirement: agent initiated session support

<Juergen>
Sure, with SNMPv3 you can in principle subscribe by configuring the
target tables but this (a) requires appropriate authorization rules and
(b) there is no standardized way to cleanup dynamic targets so crashing
apps leave garbage around which is painful to try to clean as well.

</Juergen>

I'm catching up on the mailing list in reverse order, but Juergen raises
some good points here. I forgot about the garbage collection issue.

Plus, I'm not sure I like the idea of other users being able to modify
my subscription.

Sharon