Re: requirement: agent initiated session support

Andy Bierman writes:
>>   <rpc>  <!-- from memory; check docs for accurate details -->
>>     <get-accounting-records>
>>       <since>YYYY-MM-DD.HH:MM:SS</since>
>>       <realtime/>
>>     </get-accounting-records>
>>   </rpc>
>I assume there are some config parameters
>to setup logging somewhere else.

Yup, I was going off memory, but there should be a <profile> element
containing the name of a pre-configured profile.  The profile's configuration
details the content and frequency for what's to be recorded.

>If <realtime/> is
>missing then the <rpc> finishes when all saved notifications
>have been delivered. If present, then the <rpc> never finishes,
>and (in this example) new notifications may be interleaved
>with saved notifications, so the manager needs to check the
>timestamp as usual.

Exactly.

>What about making it a generic RPC:
>
>  <rpc>
>    <get-log-records>
>       <type>accounting</type>    <!-- or syslog or whatever -->
>       <since>YYYY-MM-DD.HH:MM:SS</since>
>       <realtime/>
>    </get-log-records>
>  </rpc>

Even under type=syslog, you may need a syslog filename/collection name,
so the server can associate content with the name, as well as having
somewhere to put aging data.

Thanks,
 Phil