Re: requirement: agent initiated session support

Andy Bierman writes:
>In the subscribe model, none of the agents can send any notifications
>until a manager connects to them and asks for notifications.  The startup
>notifications are critical to have, to check for any
>config/image/HW mismatches that occurred during boot-up.

We do this with our accounting-profiles RPC (which I'm planning on
mimicing for syslog data) with a combination of the <realtime/>
flag and the <since>timestamp</since argument.  The system makes
local copies of accounting records and can serve them up with a
starting window, in realtime, or as a combination, where the records
since the given timestamp are passed along and then the RPC switches
to realtime.

  <rpc>  <!-- from memory; check docs for accurate details -->
    <get-accounting-records>
      <since>YYYY-MM-DD.HH:MM:SS</since>
      <realtime/>
    </get-accounting-records>