Re: notification motivation and requirements

Hi Andy -

I don't.  I was only explaining how what David Perkins was
describing and what I were describing were very different
things, only peripherally related.

> If it's not, then neither netconf or anything else can
> be sure -- and what good does guessing do?  E.g.,
> if I change the bridging configuration, and some notification
> related to spanning tree comes up, it could just be a
> coincidence, and the problem may be caused by another device.

That's why I characterized it as a heuristic.  I'm not arguing for or
against what David described.  I was just explaining that your
attempt to lump our statements together didn't make sense.

Randy