NETCONF over TLS?

Hi,

Somebody sent me an email and asked if the WG was
interested in NETCONF over TLS.  I said probably
not.  This morning I saw this I-D in Last Call
to supply a user name to TLS, an obvious missing
component is you want to support a user-based
access-control model (and I do).

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-santesson-tls-ume-04.txt

So now I am curious (but not enough to standardize
anything) if the secure syslog integration with netconf
over TLS makes security and operational sense.

Andy