no interim meeting -- read the rules

Hi,

Here is the IESG rules on holding interim meetings:

http://www.ietf.org/IESG/STATEMENTS/Interim-meetings.txt

We can't have an interim meeting within 30 days before the IETF,
and we can't have one instead of our 2 hour slot just after
the IETF.

There is supposedly interest in the notification work.
I don't understand why most of these people have time
and money to go to an interim to work on this topic,
but they don't have time to read the draft and send comments
to the mailing list, or show up to the IETF meeting in Dallas
prepared to work on this document.

As Dan and Dave H. pointed out, we need to agree on what
we are doing and why we are doing it.  Several people
have told me (and mentioned on the list) that they
don't understand why we are reinventing syslog instead
of working on network configuration.

So let's write down all the reasons why we need notifications
in NETCONF, and why using or extending existing standards
instead won't work.

It doesn't really matter which parameters get passed
in the 'start-notifications' RPC if the entire work item
ends up in the dumpster, does it?

Andy