Re: Notification Message Processing Model

Hi,

IMHO, it is unreasonable to adhere to use <rpc> for notification.

In notification, a server (=router/switch) sends message to client (=manager),
and there is no need to reply for the notification message.
This far differs from RPC model (client->server, request-reply).

I prefer separating <rpc> and <notification>, and providing different
application protocol for each method.

--
TOUMURA Kunihiko - ktoumura@crl.hitachi.co.jp
Central Research Laboratory, Hitachi, Ltd.