Re: Notification Message Processing Model

The main use that I see for notifications is for "configuration change
notifications". A netconf based client would like to know if someone else is
changing the configuration, and just what it is that has been changed. The
notification needs to include information about who made the change, when
they made the change, and exactly what they changed. Just a dumb
notification that "something changed" is not good enough. We need to send a
potentially large message describing the actual changes made. This data is
typically too large to send over a standard syslog message or SNMP trap.

-steve