Re: netconf implementation guide

Sharon Chisholm wrote:
hi

Would these then be candidates for an updated Netconf RFC at a later
date?

Not in my opinion.
Implementation guides are usually informative, rather than normative.

Errata in the standard RFCs is something else entirely.

This doesn't even have to be an official WG activity.
Anybody can publish an Informational RFC (but you knew that).
I'm not sure how long it would take to collect enough info to
publish an RFC anyway.  I was thinking we would just collect
data for awhile on our WG WEB site that Simon maintains:

http://www.ops.ietf.org/netconf/

I think it will take a few more interoperability test events to
have enough implementations and variances in them to understand
what clarifications might be needed in the standard documents.

Sharon

Andy