error-path for multiple instances

Hi,

How should error-info be enhanced to support multiple similar errors?

Consider an edit-config that is changing the 'mtu' object
to an illegal value in 2 or more interfaces:

<config>
  <interfaces xmlns="http://example.com/schema/1.0";>
    <interface>
      <name>eth0</name>
      <mtu>64000</mtu>
    </interface>
    <interface>
      <name>eth1</name>
      <mtu>64000</mtu>
    </interface>
  </interfaces>
</config>

So first I added an <error-level> error element,
because it is a lot easier and more compact than error-path.

Then I added a <bad-value> element, so you can tell that
the row with value '64000' had the error.  Well of course,
that doesn't solve the problem either.

Then I added a <instance-id> element, which does solve the problem:

 <error-info xmlns:ex="example.com-blah" xmlns:ncx="ncx-blah">
   <bad-element>mtu</bad=element>
   <ncx:error-level>5</ncx:error-level>
   <ncx:bad-value>64000</ncx:bad-value>
   <ncx:instance-id>
         <ex:name>eth0</ex:name>
   </ncx:instance-id>
 </error-info>

I guess if you could use Xpath too (and that's what the WG should do):

<error-path xmlns:nc="netconf-blah" xmlns:ex="example.com-blah">
/nc:rpc/nc:edit-config/nc:config/ex:interfaces/ex:interface[ex:name="eth0"]/ex:mtu
</error-path>

IMO, it is a subjective decision which is better: Xpath or XML.

Andy