Re: url clarification - validate inline config

Hello,
Let me quote a recent letter from Andy. He clearly states that validation of inline configuration is allowed.

Andy Bierman wrote:
> Balazs Lengyel wrote:
>  > Hello,
>  > - The validate operation might contain inline config as well as I
>  > understand the XSD. In the text only datastore name is mentioned.
>  > Which is correct ?
>
> inline also -- this bug was already found

Also the netconf-11 draft was changed to include inline validation.

8.6.4.1.  <validate>
     source:
            Name of the configuration datastore being validated, such as
            <candidate> or the <config> element containing the
            configuration subtree to validate.

We intend to use this capability.

Balazs

Phil Shafer wrote:
Then in D.1.3, the incoming file (the "all or part" of a
configuration), is validated.  Is this supposed to work?  I.e. is
validate really supposed to validate anything that can be sent to
<edit-config>?

I think we're probably a little loose on this point, since
validate really needs a complete config, but edit-config
does not.

Thanks,
 Phil

Balazs Lengyel                       Ericsson Hungary Ltd.
TSP System Manager
ECN: 831 7320                        Fax: +36 1 4377792
Tel: +36-1-437-7320     email: Balazs.Lengyel@ericsson.com