Re: url clarification

Phil Shafer <phil@juniper.net> wrote:
> Martin Bjorklund writes:
> >> So you could copy-config a file, but
> >> not edit-config or lock-config it.
> >Aha, not even edit-config?  That's explicitly allowed by 8.8.5.1.
>
> Hmmm.... that's a bug in the draft IMHO.

Sorry, I got it wrong.  8.8.5.1 allows <url> instead of <config> in an
<edit-config>. <url> is not allowed as an <edit-config> target.  An
example is given in D.1.5.  (the schema is wrong though).

However, the example in D.1.5 should probably use <copy-config>
instead of <edit-config>, since an <edit-config> w/o operation
attributes (which is used in the example) will use the default
"merge", which may give different results than <copy-config>.  An
alternative is to set default-operation to "replace" on the
<edit-config>.

/martin