Re: url clarification

Martin Bjorklund writes:
>I once asked what it means to lock a remote url.  Now I might have
>found the answer.  The text in section 8.8.5 and the schema differ, and
>that usually means that the text is correct.  The schema allows a
><url> element as a  <lock> target, but the text in 8.8.5 does not.
>Does this mean that you can't lock a url?

The original idea was that the world was divided into two halves,
databases and files.  Files could be overwritten and fetched, but
did not have/require the additional overhead of being searchable,
replacable, lockable, etc.  So you could copy-config a file, but
not edit-config or lock-config it.  The text and schema should be
corrected to make this clear.

Thanks,
 Phil