RE: problems with 'ignore-error' <error-option>

Hi,

FWIW - the Internet Printing Protocol v1.1 (RFC 2911) defined several
relevant values for the "status-code" always returned in operation

'successful-ok' -
   The request has succeeded and no request attributes were substituted
   or ignored.

'successful-ok-ignored-or-substituted-attributes' -
   The request has succeeded, but some supplied (1) attributes were
   ignored or (2) unsupported values were substituted with supported
   values or were ignored in order to perform the operation without
   rejecting it.  Unsupported attributes, attribute syntaxes, or values
   MUST be returned in the Unsupported Attributes group of the response
   for all operations.

'successful-ok-conflicting-attributes' -
   The request has succeeded, but some supplied attribute values
   conflicted with the values of other supplied attributes.  These
   conflicting values were either (1) substituted with (supported)
   values or (2) the attributes were removed in order to process the job
   without rejecting it.  Attributes or values which conflict with other
   attributes and have been substituted or ignored MUST be returned in
   the Unsupported Attributes group of the response for all operations
   as supplied by the client.

And later, to provide more explicit control for the submitter, the
PWG IPP Job Extensions (PWG 5100.5, October 2003), defined the new
"job-mandatory-attributes" element (translate IPP 'attribute' to
XML schema 'element' not 'attribute', by the way).

IPP/1.1 receivers are uniquely able to gracefully handle unsupported
attributes, because the IPP wire encoding includes strong typing and
lengths (so that it's always possible to skip over an unsupported
or unrecognized attribute in a request).

Cheers,
- Ira

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839