RE: Q: No max/ minMax length of anything?

<Andy>
> We decided (and nobody objected) that the message-id attribute is
> maxLength="4095".
> Other than that, all data types are constrained AFAIK.  We don't
control
> the URL limits.
</Andy>

<Martin>
There are a few which aren't constrained:

    confirm-timeout  is a positiveInteger (no upper bound)  (could e.g.
                          have been unsignedInt)
    error-app-tag  is a (unbounded) xs:string
    error-path  is a (unbounded) xs:string
    error-message  is a (unbounded) xs:string

Then there is the rule that any attribute in the <rpc> element must be
copied to the <rpc-reply>.
</Martin>

I think Andy meant to say that the other data types were *not*
constrained?

<Martin>
Apart from that there is normal XML-stuff; the url length you mentioned,
the number of xmlns attributes, length of element and attribute names
etc.  (A clever implementation can handle these anyway).
</Martin>

I could not find any constraints on these in normal XML sources. Are
there? Could you point to source?

Thanks,

Sharon