error-path

Hi,

error-path is really useful for troubleshooting.  But it is unclear
what the root of the absolute xpath expression is supposed to be.  In
our implementation, we currently generate error-path only for
application errors, and generate an xpath expression with root in the
datamodel, e.g.

  <error-path xmlns:srv="http://www.tail-f.com/test";>
    /srv:servers/srv:server
  </error-path>
  <error-info>
    <bad-element>foo</bad-element>
  </error-info>

But IF error-path is used for rpc/protocol errors (we don't do that), the root
will have to be the protocol root:

  <error-path>
     /rpc/get-config
  </error-path>
  <error-info>
    <bad-element>foo</bad-element>
  </error-info>

So the question is first if error-path should be allowed for
rpc/protocol error-types?  If so, should the root be different
depending on error-type?  If it's always the same (top-level), my
first example would be

  <error-path xmlns:srv="http://www.tail-f.com/test";>
    /rpc/edit-config/config/srv:servers/srv:server
  </error-path>

/martin